Revision Date: 25/05/2018
MSJ Group recognizes that privacy is important to you and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data.
“Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of the MSJ Group companies and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 as well as with the National Data Protection legislation.
Who We Are
MSJ Group is a group of companies enjoying a leading position and prominent status in the Life Sciences field in Cyprus and Greece.
Our Headquarters address:
8 Ayiou Nicolaou Street
Tel: +357 22 056200
Fax: +357 22 750604
Contact us: [email protected]
What Personal Data we Process and Where we Collect it From
We collect and process different types of personal data which we receive in person or through other channels of communication such as our website, or in the frame of our business relationship. We may also collect and process personal data from publicly available sources such as commercial registers, the press, media and the Internet, which are lawfully obtained. The personal data we collect may include:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality, passport or other government-issued identification data
Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect information from children to promote our products.
Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Data
We process your personal data in accordance with the EU Regulations for one or more of the following reasons:
A. Necessary for the performance of a contract
- To carry out our obligations with respect to any contractual agreements between us with respect to information, products, and services that you may request from us,
- To process a job application,
- To fulfill any other agreements between us
- For compliance with a legal obligation
B. Necessary for MSJ Group to comply with a legal obligation
- To fulfil tax, accounting and reporting obligations.
C. To serve the MSJ Group and third party legitimate business interests
Legitimate interest is when MSJ Group has a business or commercial reason to use such information. But even then, such use is consistent with the fundamental rights of individuals, for example:
- To provide with effective customer service and technical support,
- To respond to your requests,
- To improve the security and usability of its website,
- To execute business transactions with you,
- To keep you updated on our new products.
D. You have given us your consent
The lawfulness of such processing is based on a valid consent you have freely provided.
How we Share your Data
In the course of the performance of our contractual and legal obligations your personal data may be provided to various service providers and suppliers. Those service providers and suppliers are bound by Data Processing Agreements/legal obligations, and they are obliged to safeguard confidentiality and data protection according to the data protection regulation.
Such service providers and suppliers may be:
- External legal consultants,
- Financial and business advisors,
- Cloud providers
- External auditors and accountants
- Marketing companies
- Outsourcing companies
Transfers of Data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Your personal data may be transferred to third countries in order to fulfil a legal or contractual obligation or because you have given us your consent. Processors in third countries are obligated to comply with the European data protection regulations and to provide appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer of your data in accordance with GDPR Article 46.
We will process and store your Personal Data for the duration of our relationship with you, and as long as necessary to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations.
We will delete your data:
- When it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which that information was collected and processed;
- Upon your request or objection, provided there are no overriding legal grounds requiring MSJ Group to maintain that information;
- When necessary to comply with MSJ Group’s legal obligations; and
- If our collection of information was based on your consent, upon the withdrawal of your consent.
Automated Decision and Profiling
In executing our business activities, we do not use any automated decision-making. We may from time to time process some aspects of your data automatically, in order to enter into a business relationship with you.
How we use your Personal Data for Marketing Activities
We may process your personal data to tell you about products, services and offers that may be of interest to you or your business. The personal data that we process for this purpose consists of information you provide to us and data we collect when you use our products.
We can only use your personal data to promote our products and services to you if we have your consent to do so or if we consider that it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes, which includes profiling.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following rights in terms of your personal data:
- The right to request access to your Personal Data, you can ask to receive a copy of your data and to check if they are lawfully processed.
- The right to have your Personal Data corrected or erased;
- The right to object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, for example where such information is not accurate or no longer serve the purpose they were collected,
- The right to data portability, i.e. to receive a copy of your data in electronic form or to have your Personal Data transferred from us to another party;
- The right to object automated decision-making or profiling based on your Personal Data;
- The right to withdraw your consent, any withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it was withdrawn by you.
Your Right to Lodge a Complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority If you have exercised any or all of your data protection rights and still feel that your concerns about how we use your personal data have not been adequately addressed by us. The competent authority is the Information Commissioners Office of Cyprus: http://www.dataprotection.gov.cy
Our website uses small files known as cookies to enhance user experience and for functionality reasons
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement and related business practices at any time. We will notify you appropriately when we make changes to this privacy statement and we will amend the revision date.