Brushing makes teeth look healthy, clean and whiter, but proper brushing also enhances the overall health of our entire body.
A proper oral hygiene routine helps to remove bacterial plaque, protects against caries, reduces gum problems and can ensure our overall health.
By following 10 simple rules, we take care of both our teeth and our health:
- We change our toothbrush often: Constantly every 3 months, after a virus or cold, when the fibres wear out or if used by another person. Σταθερά κάθε 3 μήνες, μετά από ίωση ή κρυολόγημα, όταν οι ίνες φθαρούν ή εάν χρησιμοποιηθεί από άλλο άτομο.
- Rule 2x2: Proper brushing for 2 minutes, 2 times a day helps to remove bacterial plaque from your teeth and gums.
- Brush gently: Holding our toothbrush at a 45 ° angle, brush without pressure so as not to hurt our gums.
- Use a medium or soft toothbrush. Hard toothbrushes can cause additional damage to our teeth and gums.
- Brushing above and below the gum line: Our teeth are not the only ones that need regular cleaning. Brushing above and below the gum line ensures better cleanliness and removal of germs from the oral cavity.
- Brush immediately after eating acidic foods and beverages, such as citrus fruits.
- Use the right amount of toothpaste: 1 cm toothpaste for adults and a pea-sized amount for children.
- Do not forget the tongue: Our tongue should be part of our daily oral hygiene routine, We brush twice a day to remove the bacteria that are in it.
- We use interdental brushes or floss to clean the areas that our toothbrush does not reach.
- We complete the brushing of our teeth with a mouthwash solution which helps in the re-metalization of the enamel prevents the accumulation of plaque.
Find the full range of GUM products in pharmacies and online at EvZeen.com. Selected series and products are also available in supermarkets. GUM products are available in the Cypriot market by the company MS Iakovidis, a member of the MSJ Group.